RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts S1-S by EMHW
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Thank you john. This has been a most fulfilling journey and to be able to have the actual pilot share the ride is very fulfilling and very unique. The cabane was not the only concern for me, being this was a rush in those last couple of days a few things were of concern. Mostly the fact I have not had a chance to operate the new wireless link for the buddy box. But also not having actually completed the process of maiden flights left some reservation as well. I could have overcome the last two easily but the cabane was to much.
I have been told there is one magazine that may do an article, and, the gentlemen doing the photos for Jacquie also wants to do a small internet article. But to be quite honest, from the beginning all I wanted was to build a big and beautiful airplane, I called it my lifetime "McDaddy plane". Then I came across the Eagle, then Jacquie joined the quest, then I got to experience sharing my work with the owner. I don't think I will have another build as special as this one has turned out and I will treasure it.
I appreciate everyone on the forums joining me for this ride, good or bad, agree or disagree, sharing our work with the world is very rewarding but it takes you guys being here to make that happen.

Thank you to everyone!
I have been extremely busy doing all sorts of things, from (terminally) rolling my Gere Sport through the treetops (I only needed another 5 feet!), starting another airplane, and building, and then rebuilding computers so I not been around for a bit. Thank you for posting the pictures and yes, you are absolutely correct about the CG issue which is a common problem in more kits than I wish to talk about. Actually there was a kit in the 1980s that had the CG so far out of line that I know of no aircraft that survived the first flight and several folks tried. They all flew nicely until the power reduction.

It has been great to see the finished product and know that the builder is smart enough to make the correct decisions about system conditions. If it ain't right on the ground it ain't gonna get better in the air!

I went to test fly a new 100+ inch Extra on the 4th and the new Spektrum AR9110 power safe receiver gave up the ghost. Luckily that happened during my preflight and not in the air. Since some of the servos need non-standard voltages compared to most RX's I took it apart and packed it up.