RCU Forums - View Single Post - how to control nerves when flying
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 04:14 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with CastleBravo..

I used to shake quite a bit, especially when I was flying a Larger or more expensive Airplane.. to help with building my flying skills and confidence, I Actually purchased a used ugly stick that was soo ugly that I actually named it "the Double Ugly stick!" but I didn't care one little bit if I ever crashed that plane, so I did some really stupid/crazy stuff with it, I.E. Full throttle Touch and goes, low level loops, low level inverted passes down the runway, etc. The fact that I didn't care if I crashed it, allowed me to advance my flying skills fairly quickly. I now fly an 80" w/s Edge 540 powered by a Moki 210 with no jitters, although I still wouldn't do some of the things with the Edge, that I would with that old Ugly stick.. as far as that old double ugly stick is concerned??? Yes, I still have it, and it is still in flying condition, because we all know that we never seem to crash the ugliest / most unwanted plane that we have, only the most treasured one!! although, I have contemplated doing a "Figure 9" with it, just for fun, but I will keep it till it expires from "Normal" Crazy/stupid stuff!!

Craig.

Last edited by SeaJay; 07-07-2015 at 06:54 PM.