RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts S1-S by EMHW
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drac1
Yep. OK.

I've always used blue or red loctite and never had any screws comes lose.
loctite works very well, i use the loc-tite brand blue / red solid push up (Anaerobic) sticks on my automotive repairs.

Originally Posted by acerc
Being as there are opinionated people here, I need one. I want to paint my new 3 blade prop and would like to hear what you think would stick the best. So, have at it, what type and why?
Well you can't go wrong with an epoxy paint Ace... KlassKote would bond well to wood as well as composite materials, as long as the composite was properly scuffed in preparation... not sure how well it would stick to nylon... being epoxy, it should be tough enough to resist chipping and abrasion / erosion from the speed of the spinning propeller, and if you're going to use the stick on (automotive type) pin-stripping, you may want to use a clear epoxy top coat to lock the pin-strip in place... the KlassKote brushes on and settles to a sprayed like finish, so there's no need to "clean" out the spray gun, unless you want to go very light coats, then spray away, you got plenty of time to clean out the spray gun... if you have an airbrush, that may workout better for small quantity mixes.

What did you use on the 2 bladed propeller... it came out nice, how well is it holding up.

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 07-09-2015 at 09:54 PM.