RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts S1-S by EMHW
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 01:42 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John_M_
loctite works very well, i use the loc-tite brand blue / red solid push up (Anaerobic) sticks on my automotive repairs.

Well you can't go wrong with an epoxy paint Ace... KlassKote would bond well to wood as well as composite materials, as long as the composite was properly scuffed in preparation... not sure how well it would stick to nylon... being epoxy, it should be tough enough to resist chipping and abrasion / erosion from the speed of the spinning propeller, and if you're going to use the stick on (automotive type) pin-stripping, you may want to use a clear epoxy top coat to lock the pin-strip in place... the KlassKote brushes on and settles to a sprayed like finish, so there's no need to "clean" out the spray gun, unless you want to go very light coats, then spray away, you got plenty of time to clean out the spray gun... if you have an airbrush, that may workout better for small quantity mixes.

What did you use on the 2 bladed propeller... it came out nice, how well is it holding up.

John M,
Thanks for the thought on Klass Kote, but for personal reasons not happening. That prop was painted with the Stits and is doing okay, a little tougher would be nice.

Originally Posted by R/C Art
When it comes time for me to paint I use a foam brush and latex house paint.
I also use Rustoleum and Krylon in rattle cans.
I am also the last man you want to get painting advice from; however, when it comes to nuts and bolts I highly recommend blue Loctite!
Please don't take this as anything other than my opinion, but there is something about latex and rattle cans that I just don't like. I know lots of guys that use them and love them just not me. But thank's for offering them up.

Originally Posted by stevegauth30
In my limited experience, i use nelsons. When properly prepped, and of course properly applied, you cant get it off. A good mechanical bond. But like Art said, im probably the last one to take advice from.
Actually after speaking with a modeling buddy Nelsons it is. Being automotive paint Nelsons is very tough and should withstand the grass being cut with the prop. And the fact that my buddy just happens to have the two colors I need, as well as primer, and clear coat, may have something to do with it.