RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 07-13-2015, 09:12 AM
CzDavec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Roger,
I got a hold of Miller and got the starter sorted out. It's amazing how much easier the engine starts when you can crank it over !!
I have a couple of questions on the break in process. The engine starts easily and seems to transition to full throttle ok. However after the engine has run for a couple of minutes It loses about 300 to 400 rpm and stays there. I can run it back to idle and bring it back up and it stays at the lower rpm rather than returning to the initial higher rpm. I have also noticed that these engines don't seem to respond much to opening the high speed needle . After about 3 turns out it doesn't seem to do much. Perhaps the low end is to rich? The engine isn't running hot and is surprisingly cool running. I have 4 tanks of fuel through the engine now and am going to check the valve lash before running it again. I will use Tom's method to check and set the valves. I am using a Zoar 22 x 12 Prop for the break in . What kind of RPM should I be seeing ? It is running about 5000 to 5100 initially and drops off to around 4700 to 4800 .

Thanks
Dave