RCU Forums - View Single Post - Corsair 60 Looking for Nose Weight Suggestions.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:47 PM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair 60 Looking for Nose Weight Suggestions.

I think some of you have some genius methods for balancing models. I'm trying to balance my corsair 60. My battery pack (5 cell 6 volt 2000 mah NiMH) is as far forward as possible. I currently have both the Harry Higley safety propeller lock nuts and a brass spinner nut. I'm undecided on what propeller I'm going to be using but I have a 13x8 three bladed, 14x7 three bladed, 13x8 two bladed, and a 14x6 two bladed. Right now my goal is to get my plane balanced for either of the 2 bladed propellers. This means that whatever weight I add will need to be made removable, just in case at some point in time I want to try any of the 3 bladed ones. Currently the model balances with the 14x7 three bladed. The Engine I'm using is a .75 OS AX. The airplane is tail heavy.

When you balanced this airplane. How did you mount your weights in the nose? If you have any photos, that would be great too!

I'm using the great planes CG machine. I'm Balancing the Airplane upside down, and the retracts are retracted. The Propellers are all master airscrew nylon propellers.

Link to Model Kit: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHU80&P=ML

Last edited by gregoryshock; 07-13-2015 at 02:20 PM.