RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Even my news , 3000 odd miles away from California , is reporting 4 incidents in the past month of drones interfering with firefighting operations . With this amount of idiots now in possession of them , it's only a matter of time . The best we can hope for is that "traditional" RC fixed wing and heli use is not affected , and only the "flying camera" operations take the hit .
Originally Posted by HoundDog
Flap:
I see nothing in your posts about California passing laws on Recreational R/C Drone flying, Only commercial use of drones.
My post was because of this by:

Originally Posted by flycatch
They just announced that in California the days of non commercial drones will be ending soon. This was caused by people flying drones near forest fires and the grounding of aircraft used to combat them.
Hey HoundDog ,

The scary thing here is , and who knows , may be the same news report flucatch saw that I saw too , that of course along with the story of the drone related interference with the firefighting is the mention of bans on drone flying in specific response to the Idiots flying in the way of the firefighting operations . I ain't "Carnac the Magnificent" by any stretch of the imagination and yet I see this ban business becoming real trouble if it comes home to roost in our hobby beyond the flying camera crew . The fact that the AMA made a play to attempt relevance in the upcoming "drone revolution" means that we possibly could suffer being covered by the very broad brush with which such bans are usually enacted . I don't see much similarity between what the photographer with his flying camera VS traditional model aircraft operations are all about and if it ends up that we aren't allowed to strap cameras to our models , so be it , it isn't something I or most other aviation interested folks I know need in order to enjoy flying a model aircraft . I do hope whoever is in the position of making the final call on it is smart enough to separate the two hobbies , photography and model aviation , and decide that model aviation will not be any kinds of public menace with the cameras removed ......