RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 12:15 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hey HoundDog ,

The scary thing here is , and who knows , may be the same news report flucatch saw that I saw too , that of course along with the story of the drone related interference with the firefighting is the mention of bans on drone flying in specific response to the Idiots flying in the way of the firefighting operations . I ain't "Carnac the Magnificent" by any stretch of the imagination and yet I see this ban business becoming real trouble if it comes home to roost in our hobby beyond the flying camera crew . The fact that the AMA made a play to attempt relevance in the upcoming "drone revolution" means that we possibly could suffer being covered by the very broad brush with which such bans are usually enacted . I don't see much similarity between what the photographer with his flying camera VS traditional model aircraft operations are all about and if it ends up that we aren't allowed to strap cameras to our models , so be it , it isn't something I or most other aviation interested folks I know need in order to enjoy flying a model aircraft . I do hope whoever is in the position of making the final call on it is smart enough to separate the two hobbies , photography and model aviation , and decide that model aviation will not be any kinds of public menace with the cameras removed ......
Amen to that, Except for removing cameras when flown FPV under the rules & FAR's.

Better yet we (All recreational R/C Model flyers) have to convince the powers that be we aren't the problem. Out of Hundreds of thousands of flights flown by R/C model pilots every year less than one one thousandth of a percent cause any problem to Maned aircraft. Only with the on set of Quads (Drones) has their been a problem. I know that I'm preaching to the choir her, but we, AMA, LHS, manufactures and distributors have to come together and STOP all the Idiots out there from endangering our 80+ year old Hobby/Sport.

Now let's quit bickering among our selves and come up with some viable Ideas to save our Hobby/Sport. We have too much to loose if we fail in this effort. Criticizing others comments, or there ideas only causes dissension and further divides us when we should be united in this effort. If anyone has nothing but derogatory remarks to say,try keeping them to them selves. The old Saying "If U don't have anything good (Constructive) to say, then don't say anything at all" is more appropriate than ever. In reality few if any of these fourms amounts to a pinch of SHEIT because so few R/C Modelers even know they exist, Much less care. Just try asking anyone in this hobby especially thoes In your R/C club and They Don't even believe there is a problem. ... Again this is JMHO.

Last edited by HoundDog; 07-14-2015 at 12:21 PM.