RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Rascal 110 ARF Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:18 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Perry Oscillating Pump Installation

The first step is to mount a Perry Oscillating pump to the back of the crankcase. I am going to mount my 32oz fuel tank a bit aft so that it is centered on the CG. This will allow a constant CG in level flight regardless of the fuel level in the tank. Muffler pressure will still be employed & the pump will assist making fuel level & tank location less critical. I employed the same set-up on my Dynaflite PT-19 & it would pull through giants loops W/O a hick-up.

Here is the pump & bracket I made from some 1/8" aluminum angle.

I avoid using the back plate screws as a mount opting to make "studs" & employ nylock nuts. I started by threading some old nuts on the 3mm X 20mm socket head screws & bottoming them out while using red Lock-Tite on the screws to anchor them securely.

After cutting off the heads W/a diamond wheel on my Dremel, I smoothed the ends of the studs to remove any burrs & backed the nuts off to further clean the threads. The nuts were discarded since the heat of cutting off the heads melted the nylock inserts.
I then installed the bracket W/new nylock nuts. Note that the 20mm length was perfect to allow just enough of the stud to protrude from the nuts to assure the nylock insert was engaged fully.

Next step is the Ignition module installation.