RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:26 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruceal
One thing to mention, at the last public hearing I brought a bunch of material on the AMA's "Know Before You Fly Campaign." I figured that would show that the AMA cares about educating people on where and how to fly safely. The person who spoke before me was from the ACLU. His concern was all about the legality of the images taken and who owned the rights to them. Listening to him I realized that this whole fight isn't so much about flying anything, but rather this is a camera platform. When I got up to speak I pointed out that I had this info I wanted to share but after listening to the previous speaker I just wanted to say how and where we fly, we are not the ones that you're try to prevent "peeping" in peoples windows. This is so much more than FPV, lawmakers get their ideas from what they see and hear in the media. The word "drone" is thrown around too loosely. They even call 42% planes drones now. Again, we will keep bringing people to the flying field and let them see what we do. At our air show last year we buddy boxed over 100 kids. We even do projects with West Point. As the stories come out in the news I want people to know the difference between responsible hobbyists and people who fly a quad way beyond VLOS from their backyard.
I don't get it...you seem to ascribe to AMA's lead but you are still Anti-FPV at your club flying site... I don't mean to pick on you but reconciling your position with AMA's is difficult.