RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
"go deal with politicians and the public, and then try to find a flying site."

I have... and FPV is perfectly fine at our club...Yep, we have a county jail adjacent to our flying site....Just a basic difference in our philosophy I guess...but that was my point.... Thanks for making it clearer... It was/is only the self-rightious hypocrites within the hobby that has ever caused us any trouble...
Isn't that the same with ANY human activity you care to investigate? Seriously, it has been proven that communism is a great and wonderful idea but the human element seems to screw it up with their hypocrisy...

Secondly there is not reason to reconcile any club's position with that of the AMA because each group will have its own political and public demons to conquer and each club will use an approach that is consistent with what they understand and can live with.

While your club seems to have a great relationship with the authorities, on my desk I have a formal letter from the local Parks and Rec dept telling my club to take a hike when we asked about land owned by the city but not used and offer to develop and pay rent to site a flying field there. It is/was in a flood plain that gets underwater regularly.