RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club 40 Racing at the 2015 AMA Pylon NATS
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow!!!! What a race! I too want to thank all of the out of state racers for making the trip to Rainny Muncie and making the Inagural National Club 40 race a resounding sucess!
The weather was cooler than expected with occasional light sprinkels that challenged us but didnt hamper the enthusisam for the event. Because of the weather the HP was down on all the engines but that was across the board. Winds weren't bad and other that the occasional rain drop things went smoothly. The Judgeman Timing and scoreing really worked well and the score box with the lap count and cuts was phenominal to see and use during the race . Thanks to the NMPRA for the loan. Dan Cain Jr (president of the NMPRA) was our starter and the Texas Gang brought the Automatic airplane releaser or "Stooge"
I hope everyone had a great experience. If you have any gripes send them directly to Old Bob our CD. I'm sure there are things that we can improve on but you need to give the feed back to him instead of gripping here or on other forums.
I was a bit surprised that I ended on top but some tell me they thought I was a shoe in. I finally saw the A Main race video after the first turn I was in 4th place so the win didn't come easy. I think some of the planes were faster than mine but the phrase is "Smooth is fast, Fast is smooth" which only comes from airplane preperation and lots of racing.
To that end I want to thank Ken Ericksen for putting on the racing series here in S Indiana. We had three races this year before the Nats and time on course with race conditions are what can make anybody faster.
My Monroe County R/C club team mates (Tim3, Clint, Matt) can't be thanked enough for their support and practice time we have had over the last few years as well as our club lets us leave the pylons out almost year round so we get to practice pretty much any time.
I dont mean to leave anyone out of the list it was a team effort to put this event on and for me to enjoy the sucess that came my way.
I am pretty sure we will get a chance to do this again next year so now isnt too soon to start making plans for Muncie 2016. Bigger and better. Come on over and see if you can take the Tittle home from Indiana but I think we have soem pretty speedy guys here in Indiana that you will have to out fly to do it!
Hoosier Daddy?
Sparky