RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why is this website so slow?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 03:45 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Large Larry
I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but I thought those types of problems where a thing of the past from back in the dial up days? I remember when I first got the internet, overseas sites loaded slowly, and during peak times of the day everything was slow.

I have had the same issues with slow loading pages at RCTech which I am of the understanding belongs to the same company as RCUniverse? I even get a few pop ups on RCTech from time to time.

Things have been good here for me since my last post no matter what time of the day I sign on, so I'm hoping it's at least fixed for me.
No, SyCo's pretty right about that. It may also just be your location, even though you are somewhat close to me. Because RCU is never slow for me and maybe I'm taking a less-traveled path that is more direct than yours is. Even though it is pretty weird, as it seems after a quick IP search for RCU's IP that I got using ping in cmd shows its hosted in El Segundo, CA.

I really do think that it is the ads that slow this site down, as I run an adblocker 24/7 and its always fast for me.

Last edited by collector1231; 07-16-2015 at 03:50 PM.