RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 06:12 PM
DENTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGDAMMODELS
Thanks Scott for your valuable info and knowledge today on the Moki 150...for someone I've never met or talked too, you made me feel right at home with our discussion on the phone today....Much much appreciation...your knowledge on these engines is top notch and I wanted to personally thank you here for the time spent with me.....I also talked with Vogelsang about the issues and both of you seem to hint in all the same areas pertaining to the Moki cyl # 3 high-speed misfire...what a great guy to converse with as well...very informative and helpful...great sense of humor...businesses need more of these type people in the wonderful hobby we share...this guy was working his butt off and helping me at the same time...lol....his words of wisdom and knowledge speaks volumes to our success with these engines....I've since talked with the owner, and we are planning a strategy as to what route to take here....I'll post my finding here when the engine is on the pipe and swinging the 3 blade wood in the recommended rpm range....here's a link to a video of her idling and showing no apparent problems at all...never a stumble...all cyl temps well within specs...700 steady...and will hold 600 as well...I even got 500 with out a cough...how can it be....http://youtu.be/nGNdpn52Nlo....again...Thanks to both of you for helping me sort through the issues at hand....I owe you both a good lunch....
G-DAY You certainly are pulling all stops to sought out the problems with this grate MOKI WELL Not that I have seen my problem mentioned But I had a miss on 1and 4 , Took it to our Aussie agent for repairs Tracked it down to some D@#$%HEAD WHO had installed the turbulator and had inadvertently screwed the mounting bolts for the carby and turbulator into the @#$%$ coils and had a short on these two cylinders All repaired and ready to go SO JUST A NOTE ON INSTALLING TURBULATOR
REGARDS JOHN