RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fej f-35
Thread: Fej f-35
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:10 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Len, thanks for your feedback. The nose gear must be very different on the JL, probably more scale. Most of those components are not present on the FEJ version.
Ive been told its a ***** with gear doors open so Im planning on that. I did set up my main foreward gear doors to remain closed while gear is out. I have a Rhino on mine. Airframe is pretty beefy. I had to add a large battery at the nose to get CG. There is nothing I can move forward as most of the equipment is already under the cockpit floor. I got 8.1 lbs at the nose, 14 lbs on right wing, and 16 lbs on the left wing. Not sure why the 2lbs difference between wings, this is not right. This is my second set of Xicoy CG weights and I still think it is not working right.

I have considered splitting the nose gear door. As soon as I maiden it and feel good about it, I'm stripping it down and converting to a production version F-35A, with the split doors and a nice paint scheme.

I did have a couple of comments with Lowell a few years ago and I think he said it flew good, but was a bit elevator sensitive. What throws do you have on yours? On the FEJ "manual" it is not clear where to dimension from. Anyway, I set it up for "**** load","half ****load", and "quarter ****load" just in case.

thanks for your feedback!