RCU Forums - View Single Post - TankArmy Order Rant -- You Must Be Joking
Old 07-21-2015, 08:09 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with Tom. While yes the packaging sucked, the product is bent, and shipping from (I assume you're in the US) Australia is pricey both in time and money, you're best bet is to bend it back, never buy from them again and move on. Lesson learned.

This is one of the issues with buying from distance. Every time I blow $800 with Banzai Hobby, I cross my fingers that there isn't an issue, because neither one of us will want to deal with the $100 EMS. I hope the guy on the other end feels the same way when he's preparing shipment. I guarantee any profit they make will be wiped out on any second package sent, doubly so on a return. These small shops don't have the muscle to absorb returns like an Amazon. I ordered an Axis and Allies game as a gift. It showed up in two days, but the box was bent. They sent me an immediate replacement, but via UPS on Thursday, so Saturday delivery was out when I needed the gift. So they overnighted another and emailed me two return UPS labels. So at one point, I had three of these $20 games, two being returned, with Amazon eating 5 shipping charges. 5 shipping charges on a heavy bulky package probably far exceeded the $20 spent, and I imagine the actual profit on that game was around $5. No other company could survive that.

Don't get me wrong, the vendor's shipping blows, the fault is complete theirs and their response is absurd. But unless you're interested in pursuing on principle, fixing is your best option. It is an easy fix, you'll be up and running and in terms of karma, you've already paid them back in negative press by bringing this to our attention.