RCU Forums - View Single Post - Opinions needed for a Jagdpanther
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 PM
R|M|D Photography

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed for a Jagdpanther

Ok, I please don't shoot me and I promise I am not trolling!

I have been wanting to get a Jagdpanther and finally have the funds together. But now comes the decision time.

I cannot really afford the $1000+ for a Tamiya, but want something that has a good amount of power for climbing hills and going through grass...etc.

First line I have looked at the Mato Mart package with the metal trans and metal sprocket/idler and tracks. I know the metal trans in those aren't the greatest cause that's what I have in my Pershing. So I would probably upgrade to the Red motor ones from HobbyRaw since I have heard good things, then possibly throw in a clark board for better sound and handling and be able to switch it to 2.4ghz.

Second line of thinking is a Taigen. They also have metal trans, sprocket/idler and tracks. But still the plastic hull and roadwheels. Of course the stock electronics are much better than a stock HL and already 2.4ghz. The trans they come with is better than the stock HL trans but from the sounds of it they wouldn't be near as good at the HobbyRaw red ones.

Are there other options I should consider? What are your thoughts about these lines of thinking?

Either way I plan to do my own paint job so the Taigen having better paint really isn't a big selling factor to me.

I have the cash in hand ready to spend, just don't have enough experience to know which route is a better one.