RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 02:43 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished competing at the Nats with the Caelus.
The reaction to the plane from many who we're seeing it for the first time was extremely strong.
There seems to have been a perception that it was too good to be true that the plane had to have major flaws etc etc etc.
I feel we dispelled those feelings at the Nationals. I had many people tell me they we're looking forward to having one soon.
I didn't finish well in my class but that was not the planes fault. Due to personal reasons I did not have any practice and it showed.
Many of the FAI fliers remarked to me that the plane looked great in the air. Rolls are fantastic. Snaps true and easy.
The trimming to date has been wing incidence. I had to raise the front of the wing some. I also like the feel of the CG when it locates .75 of an inch behind the back of the wing tube.
Also we had an official weigh in yesterday at the Nats and I made weight using the 4600 mil packs.
I can now say with great confidence that this is a really good flying plane and a tremendous value. I only have a limited amount of free lipo packs left and that deal will end in the near future so deal with this as you see fit. At $999 for just the plane it's still far and away the best bang for the buck on the market today.
Thanks, Mike