RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Making of Xtreme ARF F100 D Super Sabre
Old 07-22-2015, 05:09 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received an email from a renowned pilot point me some of his concerns in cutting the former and supposed reduce its strength so bellow is my email answer to him:

"Thank you for the warning I really appreciate, there will be no problem to cut that material as it was done by Lewis, this material is stiff like steel, it is made with 9 layers of carbon fiber with two different types of carbon fiber with different orientation on the lay up give them an incredible strength plus 2 layers of structural core material, actually on the lab tests, forces were applied on the material at 90 degrees and it had a rupture in 1320 Kgf (it is about 3000 Lbf).
Regarding the servo boxes nothing was compromised once that part was untouched by Lewis and the servo box is glued in 4 of its 6 surfaces, you can not see but there is another former holding the servo box behind it.

Now my concern is from the people that has Feibao F100 and are doing the modification because FB material are different they use ply with 2 layers of carbon, this can be a problem and pilots are doing the modification without Feibao authorization, I believe that is my duty to inform this people, for the safe side, not to do anything before FB communication and actually this modifications is required for planes over 50 Lbs and they are flying bellow this weight."

So please consult the factory or dealers before do any modification in your jets, you maybe compromise the safety of your airplane.