RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

The one problem I have on landing is not bounce, but it wants to nose over, so I have to give a touch of up while it slows down, but most of the time, if lifts back off the ground! She likes to fly. The Saito is just a hair above quitting when landing too. One field I fly at, not a problem, plenty of room to slow down for a nice 3 point landing, but the other one I have to drop it over the 7' tall corn, and get down on the ground quickly so I have enough room to stop without running into the corn at the other end. That small drop picks up enough speed to not do a nice 3 pointer. I battle with the elevator to get just enough to push the tail down, but not enough for it to leave the ground.

On my maiden flight, it shot skyward after only 10 foot roll, and was a handful to trim to level flight. I had to dial in nearly all my up trim to level off (up as in lever position, was all down elevator), and dial in quite a bit right aileron, so by the time I got it trimmed, I was a wreck for a smooth landing. I buggered the landing, hitting too hard, and that's when I damaged the wing mount. Slamming it down like that, I dont think even the Robarts would have kept it from cracking.

I also lost the dummy engine during that flight.