RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about Model Airplane Weight Limits
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Gregory sorry to hear of your incident and glad the airplane was not totaled. I did get your PM yesterday requesting photos of my Corsair after I made the engine change from from the Webra fourstroke .91 to the two stroke O.S. 1.08. Keeping in mind mine is not a Topflight but just an unknown generic sixty size ARF from somewhere on the pacific rim. Also keep in mind I do not use in cowl mufflers but prefer stock ones and do not hesitate to cut a simple tunnel when needed.

So dug these pics up today of the same airplane with the current OS 1.08.

As far as the .75 AX not flying your airplane I feel there is something not right with this picture. That engine should certainly fly your ship if flown with care, of course its not going to fly like some sport plane but fly it should. have used a .75AX on one of my cross country airplanes on floats (actually and old sixty size pattern plane) about the same wing area and at up to 12.5 pounds and the 75 was quite sccessfull.

OK I am going to hazard just one question, what size prop and please don,t tell me it was a three or heaven forbid a four blade?

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair D (1).JPG
Views:	1557
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2111030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair H (2).JPG
Views:	1518
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	2111031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair f.JPG
Views:	1508