RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation, Model Airplane News... disappointed
Old 07-25-2015, 02:42 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LJE4357
I'm sorry, you are so wrong, Just because I use 3 words, that makes it racial? BS. What I said was totally about the education system in this country, and how it's changed. If you think what I said racial, then your the one that's racial. One of my best friends is black, and he's a modeler. You sound more like a person that like to twists the truth. You tell me exactly what I said about being racial. I wrote only about education. And if you think our education system is good today, you must be part of it. Kids today have to use a calculator to do simple math. If the battery wears out there out of luck.
It might have been this part that made people think you brought race into a conversation about a magazine:

"Instead of the young black population being educated to the level of the whites, it was less expensive bring the whites down to the level of the blacks."

...level of whites.....down to the level of blacks...... Read that a few times, you can't see an issue with that? And then the requisite "I'm not a racist because one of by my best friends is black".

MA is a magazine that caters to the widest RC model population possible, so it's going to be somewhat generic in nature. It tries to provide everything for everyone. Like a Target or Cracker Barrel...some people will love it, others want more selection. So far it's the only magazine I see that has a little something for everyone, including ads (which is how the magazine is funded in part). Perhaps there are mags out there for free flight only, or slope soaring only, or giant scale, but I'm not aware of them. Within that subset, I'm sure there are readers that are complaining about those magazine as well.

You can opt out of getting the magazine if you want. Also, fwiw, the magazine is a profit center for the AMA and brings IN revenue. Is it lining someone's pocket...lol I doubt it. No more than our dues are, or any other revenue the AMA generates. I doubt people are there because of the crazy high salaries and perks. It is what it is. Lots of good suggestion on what to do with the mag though, our club buys annual subscrptions for all the town libraries, as well as middle and high school libraries.