RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation, Model Airplane News... disappointed
Old 07-25-2015, 07:35 AM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was simply pointing out that RCU is not the place for it. Now, you can take that however you wish, but I am in this hobby for fun, not to see threads hi-jacked for someone to voice their political/racial/religious rants, there are thousands of places on the web for that already. I am not going to be baited into another extension of the previous discussion, but I will say that regardless of the position of either party, RCU is not where it should happen, and IMO, all comments that pertain to the topic of race should have been removed by a moderator, as I would like to see anything removed that discusses the "big 3" mentioned above, but I realize that they can not monitor every thread all the time. I know how I live my life, and I know what I stand for, I don't have to prove it or rant about to the thousands of "real men" that are online, as it seems everyone has a bigger-than-life persona when they can type in the comfort of their own home. And regardless of the position or thoughts of the initial post in question, you will not change anyone's position by some posts on a discussion thread. Now, you may call this passive on my part, but I will just let the moderators decide if it should be removed, no sense in arguing as it is just an exercise in frustration.

This is what I do to relax, and the friendships I have though this hobby cross many racial-religious & political boundaries, the topics are non-related IMO, and I will do what I can to keep them that way.

Dave