RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation, Model Airplane News... disappointed
Old 07-25-2015, 07:49 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ovationdave
I was simply pointing out that RCU is not the place for it. Now, you can take that however you wish, but I am in this hobby for fun, not to see threads hi-jacked for someone to voice their political/racial/religious rants, there are thousands of places on the web for that already. I am not going to be baited into another extension of the previous discussion, but I will say that regardless of the position of either party, RCU is not where it should happen, and IMO, all comments that pertain to the topic of race should have been removed by a moderator, as I would like to see anything removed that discusses the "big 3" mentioned above, but I realize that they can not monitor every thread all the time. I know how I live my life, and I know what I stand for, I don't have to prove it or rant about to the thousands of "real men" that are online, as it seems everyone has a bigger-than-life persona when they can type in the comfort of their own home. And regardless of the position or thoughts of the initial post in question, you will not change anyone's position by some posts on a discussion thread. Now, you may call this passive on my part, but I will just let the moderators decide if it should be removed, no sense in arguing as it is just an exercise in frustration.

This is what I do to relax, and the friendships I have though this hobby cross many racial-religious & political boundaries, the topics are non-related IMO, and I will do what I can to keep them that way.

Dave
Dave , let's not forget , I am not the one who posted racist ugliness , I was the first one to nicely ask that it be removed . All this other posturing is due to the refusal of the poster to remove his offending post . It's not any kinds of "big 3 rant" to ask politely that someone remove an offending post , it's using the system as intended . The man's post was offending . Plain and simple . In fact , my next act after this post will be to PM RC Ken and ask him to start at the offending post and remove every bit of this that doesn't involve model aircraft magazines . Just remember this ; If someone , anyone , posts offending posts containing "the big 3" , you can bet your butt I'm gonna call them out , for the very reason that this is no place for it ! Allowed once means will likely be allowed twice , and I refuse to let that happen to a site that I come to read about model airplanes .

Happy Flying to All .......