RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:35 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
This is why I picked SM back last year, I was sitting in Afghanistan debating on what product to buy and seeing SM start to develop more jets was the key to my decision. I have had a rockier road than most with the oversea companies and was very hesitant, but once I saw the F-18 gear a couple years back and then the for a D model I had no other choice. You just have to be patient is all, and that is going to be the norm with these big jets coming from overseas, it would be nice to have them made here in the states but that will never happen. Cost of living is just to high and no money can be made.
Man Keith you used a sledge hammer and hit that one on the head! I've built many many kits and know how much work it takes to design, build, and R&D one of these kits. From Yellow aircraft to Fiber Classics, its a process that can take months if not years to just assemble. I bet if I had to build that F-14 from scratch with all the guts in the wings and elaborate landing gear system, it would take hundreds of man hours. I still look in there and am amazed these guys do it for what they charge. It is expensive yes, but like I always say "Its all relative". The paint too, I just painted a Yellow F-18 that I built for a customer, easily $3K for just the paint. If that F-14 was designed, developed, built, and painted in the USA, it would exceed $30K easily for the airframe and landing gear fo sho!

Maybe I am biased because of my kit building experience but I am sold on these product because if it weren't for these manufacturers, we'd still be flying smaller more expensive aircraft. Now lets get some hornets buzzing and Hawks Screaming around next year!!! Super stoked!