RCU Forums - View Single Post - Allure by Bryan Hebert
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Jet Katt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bem
Hi MattK,
Just curious that is all. No plane is perfect, but the Allure seems very good to say the least. As with most things it is pros and cons. It is just I have not read any cons really about the Allure. If there are no cons that can be reported, by pilots or designer, well that is fine with me. As I said, I'm just curious (and maybe others as well?).

I'm sure there will be Allure planes at the World Championships 2015 in Switzerland August 6-16. It will be interesting to see how well the pilots flying Allure there will place.

Anyone know what pilots at the WC that will use an Allure?
I assume the US team member Brett Wickizer will fly an Allure?

/Bo
As I pointed out in previous posts, you must fly the Allure to really appreciate its capabilities. Most of us guys in the lower classes (i.e. Advanced and Masters) are looking for a plane that is better than the pilot. If you look historically at the FAI Finals, some of the same pilots that won this year have flown with different planes in past FAI Nationals (this is verifiable, look it up). Even Chip Hyde who has his own designs competed and placed high with an Allure. Hmmm....that should put a question in one's head!! Bryan has spent over 20+ years constantly researching and experimenting, and the Allure is the culmination of his vast experiences. At the time, I personally don't believe that there is a design better. Some may come close,