RCU Forums - View Single Post - Allure by Bryan Hebert
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 07:47 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi DaveL322,
Great to read Your comments. It is valuable to me, and others I'm sure, that want to know more about Allure.

What perhaps is unique with Allure besides if flies very good, as I understand it, is the quality control at the factory (X-treme Composite) so the plane is actually made to the designer exact specification with instructions and tools from the designer, as said by the designer in one of the videos on his website (Bryan Interviews, Part 3).
Just to know that a good design is built straight etc and You can rely on that when it arrives to a buyer is worth a lot.
I also like that it has no small top wing or any other aid like wing or stab fences. A rather clean design.
And no or few mixes needed.

Some specific questions from me:
1) Can Allure be considerad a good plane for mid to high wind conditions, lets say from 7-10 or 11 meter per sec winds (16-25 mph)?
In my country it is often windy conditions so a plane that do not struggle in higher winds would be a plus. My present plane, a Sebart MythoS Pro, is not that good to cope with harder winds. I have flown in 11 meter per sek wind in competition and it was a strugle for both me and the plane. The predecessor, Sebart Wind S Pro, flies better in hard wind I saw myself at the competition where it was wind up to 11 m/s.
What wind conditions exists mostly where You practice with Your Allure?
2) Will it be any CG problem to have rudder servo in the tail or is it only meant to use the rudder servo tray with pull-pull wires?
3) Should flying without the wheelpants have any negative influence on the flight characteristics?

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 07-26-2015 at 08:29 AM.