RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation, Model Airplane News... disappointed
Old 07-26-2015, 12:19 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by strtnlevel

Years ago you had to build something if you wanted to fly.......today, you charge the battery and go fly.

And yet there are those who would consider this progress rather than devolution .I personally appreciate the choice I have available , to either build or buy already built , truly a plane for every purpose .....

Now we're being invaded by quad copters.....you can't turn a page without seeing one

And as long as they fly those Quad copters following AMA guidelines , how , exactly , does this keep you from enjoying the planes you build ? So they want to fly something different from what you and I fly , does that make AMA legal quad flyers some sort of "persona non grata" ? In my view of the hobby , do it safe (AMA rules) and do it for just that , a hobby , with no commercial interest , and I'll consider that just as legitimate a subset of our hobby as any other . But then again , I'm not here looking for an "Us VS them" fight about folk's choice of RC entertainment .....

My thoughts in red ......