RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!
Old 07-27-2015, 08:55 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this what I am looking for? Theres a lot going on in here is why I am trying to get to brass tacks. So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved, which I assume is anytime during Q1? Got it, if this isn't correct please let me know.

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
We don't discourage anyone from ordering direct from Skymaster even though right now, most orders that are emailed to Skymaster are redirected to Chief Aircraft as Chief Aircraft is now Skymaster USA. Having said that, unless your aircraft is sitting on the shelf, there is no way there will not be a delay at the factory during and after Chinese new years. The Chinese new years festival lasts 23 days after Feb 8th. If you know the details of what happens right after new years there, you'd understand why there are some extended delays. We encourage ordering during anytime of the year with the understanding that this is a time where things don't move as quickly. On top of that the savings will cost time while the products are on the boat.

Anton himself would will recommend that with the new size airframes, having them shipped by ocean freight is the most cost effective way to bring these large models to the US. With the new hawk being 135 inches long, both of the new F-18's being also huge, DHL costs will now exceed $1300 to $1500 for shipping alone.

If anyone is interested in buying a Skymaster aircraft, contact me and I will go thru in detail with you what realistic time frames are, savings costs, and when its the best time in the year to keep you on a 12 to14 week schedule not counting the time it takes for Skymaster to confirm the order (accept the order and add it to the build Que) which can sometimes take over a week.

Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
If you read back on the post, I have covered the process and how placing your order in different times of the year affect the factory processing and building time. Please review the previous posts. There is never a 9 month waiting period unless there are delays during the new years period in china. All explained above!