RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:45 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
Is this what I am looking for? Theres a lot going on in here is why I am trying to get to brass tacks. So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved, which I assume is anytime during Q1? Got it, if this isn't correct please let me know.
Seems there is quite a bit of confusion about how Skymaster and the order process works. Let me clear it up. "So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved" kind of gave it away. Skymaster does not have a bunch of aircraft sitting on the shelf waiting for people to order it neither does it have a backlog of planes waiting to be built. It takes 14 to 16 weeks approximately to build your airplane. So this is how it goes normally and not nessesarily on Q1 (First Quarter) because Chinese New Years starts on Feb 8th and goes till the end of Feb so not Q1. Just after Q1 or so.

1. You call or email me and place your order (Factory clock not ticking on build time)
2. We collect the deposit on your aircraft (Factory clock NOT ticking yet on your build time)
3. We place the order and wait for the order to be accepted, this can take a few days to a week, maybe more, we don't control this. Depends on factory load. Doesn't matter where you order from, this is a factory time issue.
(Factory clock NOT ticking on your build time)
4. Factory accepts the order and starts building (NOW the clock starts ticking on your build)
5. Factory builds your aircraft (Should take 12 to 16 weeks but if there are delays such as the ones spoken of above during certain times of the year up to a few months, NOT A YEAR). We wait for your aircraft to be built, answer questions, get hollered at, try and speed things up, handle orders etc etc. No problem! That's our job but we cannot speed up what the factory does.
7. Aircraft is finished, we collect the other 50% of the purchase price and we wait for the boat on the water to arrive in the USA port. (Takes 3 weeks unless we have a "Captain Phillips" situation or it gets jammed at Customs)
8. We get the container, we inspect though unlikely to suffer damage because no one was playing forklift volleybox with your plane. We contact the customer (Same day, very speedy)
9. We collect shipping from us to your house and send the plane out most of the time the next day (Again, speedy because its one of the few times we can control the process speed)
10. Your aircraft arrives at your home.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you notice, there's not much we can do to control the bulk of the time in the process!