RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ticketec
Awww Shucks, your too kind.

RE: model Certifications

The model is certified to be safe to fly the range of maneuvers that you elect to do with it in consultation with the inspector, and then the pilot is certified to fly that model and those maneuvers as well, i.e. why the inspector must be present at the first flight and confirm that they are competent to do so. But say Pete wanted to fly my Dora or one of my other models? he can do so long as I am standing there with him. If he was going to take her to an event were I wouldn't be present. he would then need to be certified on the model as well. The reality is that 95% of the time most owners/certified pilots are not all that far from their models so the rule isn't really that restrictive....

To be totally honest, I think our system is easy going, but with my full sized background in mind, I really like the German certification system where you have to physically prove structural integrity before the first flight. This can and does cause problems and lets be honest, I'd hate to deal with it, but it is a very robust system of certification.

Thanks

Dave

Dave when can I pick the Dora up to take flying? hehehe