RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Stratus (#RC4) - the long slow plans build
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
heggen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the lengthy update. I knew you would be on it, but I just wanted to hear it from you.
Regarding the pushrods, as I said earlier, go with the 1/16" music wire in outer nyrod tubes. You can get pushrod wire with one end threaded. All you need to finish it is a threaded kwik link and a solder kwik link. Couldn't be easier and there is no play in the system except for the gear slop or play in the servo.
Go with a good 2.4 radio. I have been flying a Futaba 7AC 72 MHz for I don't know how many years with no problems. Then I purchased a Hitec Aurora 9 radio just to get up to date with my flying buddies. Never had a problem and the only difference from 72 is that you have to bind the receiver to the transmitter the first time you add a receiver to the system. After that, just turn it on a fly. If you want it to get more complex with all of the features the system provides, it's all there for you. I have had my Hitec for 5 years and am still finding things I can use on each model. I still have the Futaba 72 and don't see a reason to get rid of it. I just have to remember to extend the antenna before takeoff. Becoming familiar with 2.4 somehow makes you forget that important part of the flying process.
Good luck on the rebuild and I look forward to any progress report.