RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 03:15 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to tap into some of the knowledge base here on this cub thread. I have been flying RC for over 35 years now and have probably flown 100 different airplanes. I’ve had a couple Carl Goldberg anniversary cubs but never had a sig. A few days ago, I found out that a gentleman not too far away who was an avid builder had passed away and his son was going to sell off some of his planes. One of them was a ¼ scale sig cub,covered in silk and finished in cub yellow. Hanging on the front of it is an OS 160 twin four stroke. Anyway, I got it from him and I’m about as happy as a child at Christmas. The one item missing was wing struts, he couldn’t find them. Is my best option to just order a set from sig or would I be better off to just buy the materials and build a set from scratch? I’m not sure how long the plane had been sitting but I do know the plane has never flown, the fuel tank had never been installed and the fuel lines had never been run through the firewall. I can’t know for sure that the engine was new but it sure looks like it is. Thanks for the help, I’m really looking forward to getting this one in the air.