RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!
Old 07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purrchased from Skymaster and this is my assessment of the overall situation: We all buy from Skymaster because the prices are reasonable and if you know what you're doing or hire a good builder you'll do fine. What customers might not realize is that there is VERY little $ for the dealer, and they have absolutely no control over what occurs at the factory. To make matters worse, the factory has little to no control over their dealers. It took 9 months for me to get my jet, because he dealer was a crook ( wasn't chief). I paid in full including shipping, Skymaster received $0. Once I contacted Anton directly, everything works out perfectly and quickly.

It really doesn't make much sense to be a dealer under these circumstances, especially when they begin getting "beat up" on these forums. At the same time, it isn't the customer's problem that this is a dubious business model. Skymaster should sell directly to customers online, like set up an Amazon Store which protects both buyer and seller equally. In the U.S. they need only a Marketing presence, someone to demo their jets at the shows, someone who speaks native English that can communicate politely and efficiently via email, at least.

I own jets from most of the major companies and have found customer service to be inconsistent for the most part; and it's because we as customers tolerate it. We love this hobby, jets are an addiction; but really guys, something needs to be done to standardize the transactions in this sport.

Yes I have a humble suggestion. We need to grow this segment of this hobby; MORE $ needs to flow through this business to create the value necessary for real investment to take place. I've found a rather astonishing attitude amongst many jet guys; they want to limit the number of people flying jets, like you have to pay certain dues before you can be part of the club, so our segment of the hobby remains provincial.

Last edited by Bolshoi; 07-30-2015 at 02:36 PM.