RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolshoi
I have purrchased from Skymaster and this is my assessment of the overall situation: We all buy from Skymaster because the prices are reasonable and if you know what you're doing or hire a good builder you'll do fine. What customers might not realize is that there is VERY little $ for the dealer, and they have absolutely no control over what occurs at the factory. To make matters worse, the factory has little to no control over their dealers. It took 9 months for me to get my jet, because he dealer was a crook ( wasn't chief). I paid in full including shipping, Skymaster received $0. Once I contacted Anton directly, everything works out perfectly and quickly.

It really doesn't make much sense to be a dealer under these circumstances, especially when they begin getting "beat up" on these forums. At the same time, it isn't the customer's problem that this is a dubious business model. Skymaster should sell directly to customers online, like set up an Amazon Store which protects both buyer and seller equally. In the U.S. they need only a Marketing presence, someone to demo their jets at the shows, someone who speaks native English that can communicate politely and efficiently via email, at least.

I own jets from most of the major companies and have found customer service to be inconsistent for the most part; and it's because we as customers tolerate it. We love this hobby, jets are an addiction; but really guys, something needs to be done to standardize the transactions in this sport.

Yes I have a humble suggestion. We need to grow this segment of this hobby; MORE $ needs to flow through this business to create the value necessary for real investment to take place. I've found a rather astonishing attitude amongst many jet guys; they want to limit the number of people flying jets, like you have to pay certain dues before you can be part of the club, so our segment of the hobby remains provincial.
A few things I would like to respond to your assessment. In our situation, because we are the highest tier for Skymaster, we can do well. Enough for us to absorb all of the freight and pass that savings on to the customer. For some its the only way they are going to buy a jet that costs $1400 to ship and know its going to get here safely. Chief aircraft in the last year has moved close to over 3/4's of a million dollars worth of product just with Skymaster and that was our first year. We did 3 container loads of only Skymaster products and overall saved customers thousands in shipping combined.

Because of this, Skymaster has truly seen Chief Aircraft as a true potential USA stocking dealer with the ability to afford to stock product and we have done well for the vast majority of our customers. 3 container loads, a handful of complaints, I think that's a pretty good record by the way. We strive to make it 0 complaints. We are currently in negotiations to go to the Skymaster factory and develop a more streamlined process so in our case yes, We work closely with Skymaster and Anton and they do the same with us.

I message with Anton almost every night. He is very attentive to the situation and loves to make sure his customers are happy. There is no "dubious' business model and our apologies if we appeared to be so. Everyone here always has the liberty to go and buy direct even though Anton recommends our freight services not only for the costs savings but for the peace of mind that your product isn't going to be damaged by air freighters that have multiple people handling your precious cargo.

I agree 100% with you but I didn't noticed this until I lived a year in Omaha not too long ago how true that "provincial' statement is in certain areas. This hobby is far from provincial so people who think it is need to get over that because they are the minority. As the JPO district VP for my region, I invite and encourage all who have an interest in this section of the hobby to come on by and see what its about and help them decide what's the best route to get into this part of the hobby. Its for everyone who has the skill and the ability to afford it and willing to be safe and have a great time!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-30-2015 at 05:06 PM.