RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 11:04 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got to ask this cause I'm quite pissed!!!
for 40 years I've always kept epoxy in the house. sometimes the hardener would start to crystalize, but when I mixed it up the crystals would dissolve and it would still perform its function. always kept 5, 15, 30, 3hr, and a finishing resin on hand. in 2011 I started to run out so I made and order to tower for their 5, 15, 30 in September. in January I need to open one of the new boxes and the hardener had crystalized. I added some heat to loosen it up to no avail. I checked and all three were rock hard. called tower furious, and they replaced them all. fast forward 8months and they are all hard again (only the hardener) they were all open by then so I figured I need to change vendors. I bought from horizon and 11months later all hard again. so I bought devcon from lowes and went to use it two weeks ago and you guessed it.

so I'm figuring at this point epoxy is only made by maybe two companies in the world and they both changed their recipe to cause this. so they already got 40-50 bucks out of me they did not earn ( I tossed 40+ planes worth of epoxy to this point and as made as ...) so I'm going cheap I bought the smallest bottles I could from hobby king 5 minute and that is all I will stock from now on.

anyone else see similar?

I may buy some devcon 30 minute and keep the hardener in the freezer but first this 5 minute has to perform.

how long have you had your epoxy? what brand is it? and how much have you used?

Joe