RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:48 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Hi Guys,
I wonder if someone can point my in the right direction on a problem I have. I have two jets running single R14 Rx's and my intention is ultomately to replace these with CB200 = 2x Rsat2. However that will be a winter recon job on both models. Whilst I have had not a single glitch with either jet with a single Rx, I thought that I would add a clone RX as I have teh Rsat2's sitting on the shelf. This had always been my intention, I just never got around to it. Now a couple of freinds told me that this was areal ***** to do and I thought that they were exagerating, but they are right. I have followed Jeti's instructions step by step and I cannot get it to work. The only way that you know a Rsat is working is to unplug it. Then you should get an "S" alarm "low Signal". But I do not get this, so there is no way of knowing if the Rsats are actually working or not.Clearly I am missing something. Any ideas anyone?
John
John... I initially started with R14's when I move to Jeti.. Later I changed the R14's when I learned more about the CB200 and its capabilities and functionality... It will be a good move as you said during winter...but if you don't R14 is a great receiver..

Now for your R14.. I think you want want to add Rsat in dual path mode and not clone mode to increase antenna redundancy. Then if I can remember correctly the "S" morse alarm is for loss of signal in "Sat2" pin of R14... Make sure your R14 Sat2 pin is setup to accept PPM signal (in device explorer) and that your Rsat is setup up to PPM signal output.. Then the S alarm should be triggered when you unplug Rsat from "Sat2" pin of R14 since it's not seeing any data stream...

Also keep in mind that only the CB (100/200/400) can communicate in Ex Bus mode with its recievers .. All the other Recievers in dual path mode are PPM mode communication.(at least for now till future upgrades )....

Enjoy...

David