RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 04:14 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Hi Guys,
I wonder if someone can point my in the right direction on a problem I have. I have two jets running single R14 Rx's and my intention is ultomately to replace these with CB200 = 2x Rsat2. However that will be a winter recon job on both models. Whilst I have had not a single glitch with either jet with a single Rx, I thought that I would add a clone RX as I have teh Rsat2's sitting on the shelf. This had always been my intention, I just never got around to it. Now a couple of freinds told me that this was areal ***** to do and I thought that they were exagerating, but they are right. I have followed Jeti's instructions step by step and I cannot get it to work. The only way that you know a Rsat is working is to unplug it. Then you should get an "S" alarm "low Signal". But I do not get this, so there is no way of knowing if the Rsats are actually working or not.Clearly I am missing something. Any ideas anyone?
John
I just did this recently as I wanted antenna diversity but I didn't want dual path as I wanted to be able to fly this jet on a trainer / student setup to help others get their turbine waiver. I used an R5 as the clone receiver and simply followed the instructions on the Jeti site. It took minutes and worked perfectly on the first try.

1) Bind the receiver to be configured as a clone to the DS16
2) Use a Jetibox to set output to PPM Positive
3) Use a Jetibox to set receiver to Clone mode
4) Use a Jetibox to ensure the Clone receiver is configured to send Morse Code Alarm S (should be by default).
5) Pair R14 to DS16, ensure Tx is set to default mode, not dual path, etc.
6) In Device Explorer, set R14 Sat 1 port to PPM Positive.
7) Plug the Clone receiver into the Sat 1 port of R14
8) Go to DS16 Alarms, Morse Code settings and make sure Morse Code Alarms are enabled and "S" is configured for Low Signal.

Done. Took longer to type than to do the steps. When you disconnect the clone receiver it should send Morse Code "S".

Personally, unless you want to use trainer / student functionality with this model, I would recommend dual path instead of clone mode.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-03-2015 at 04:36 AM.