RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would agree with Wayne that you might want to add the second receiver in dual path instead of using it as a clone. Adding the second receiver gives antenna diversity (always a good thing) and you can decide whether to have the receiver act in normal or clone mode which have the following advantages/disadvantages:

Second Receiver in Normal Mode (receivers bound to transmitter using dual path)
Advantage: both receivers transmit telemetry data including data internal to the receiver (such as signal strength or Rx voltage) as well as the data for any sensor plugged into the receiver.
Disadvantage: setup can't be used in student/trainer mode

Second Receiver in Clone Mode (receivers bound to transmitter using single path)
Advantage: jet can be easily configured to student/trainer mode
Disadvantage: clone receiver does not transmit telemetry data back to transmitter. While you have antenna diversity, you have no data as to how well the antennas are positioned & working.

For me, I prefer having the telemetry and will choose normal mode & dual path every time.

You might want to read few old posts as follows:
- post #208 Dual Receivers - Depandent - Clone has a description of pros/cons
- post #209 Dual Path - Dual Receivers - Dependant - Normal for a description and pros/cons.
- post #238 gives a step-by-step procedure for setting up two receivers in dual path (each receiver is bound to one Tx module).
- post #226 - #237 there was a discussion with myself, Chris (Downwind3Zero) and Dave (Goose_F22) about the pros/cons of these two setups. We recommend using both receivers in normal mode (per posts #209 and #238).
- post #386 gives a step-by-step procedure for setting up a CB200 with two satellite receivers and includes the pros/cons

Note: these posts were written with earlier versions of the firmware so the step-by-step procedures are a bit out of date. However, the pros/cons are still valid.

Regards,

Jim