RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 03:50 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Hi David, I had these two jets flying before the Jeti came on the scene. Especially with the Sabre, it was simplest to swap out the existing RX, and fit a jeti R14 in its place. It worked fine so I have not changed it. In the winter there is work to do on both these models, so that is when I will change things over to the CB's, But quite a bit of rewiring is required, and I do not wnat to take these jets off
line when the flying weather is good, and spare time so short. Since I have already bought all the items for the refit, I thought a quick and simple upgrade would be to add the clone Rx.
Sold on the PB's though. I have a CB400 already flying on a model finsihed last month and my next two are destined to go the same way. awesome bit of kit.
John
JohnMac... Replacing an R14 with a CB200 doesn't require any wiring except for two powers source wires and two Rsat wires. all the servo wires currently in R14 plugs directly into the CB200 in the same PIN number.. That is pin 1 R14 to pin 1 of CB200.. And so forth and the CB200 is a drop in replacement of R14 as far as footprint...

As for the S alarm if you decide to stay with R14 is in the Alarm menu of your TX...first line "morse code alarms".. Then you scroll down to S and then associate a .wav file to that... When the R14 , which is the reciever that communicates telemetry info to your TX, doesn't see a PPM stream in Sat2 pin the S Alarm is triggered...

Enjoy

David..