RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudancer03
so todays news is about a third incident at lauguardia where a drone nearly hit a jetblue plane .less than 100 feet.the guy that posted these planes should withstand hits is a misinformed drone pureist.and by the way the incidents are mounting and yesterday one of the best revered pilots sully was interviewed on face the nation and calls the incidents by these rogues stupid and dangerous.at the vey least flying any drone should be banned within 10 miles of airports.period.and the penalties need to be seriously updated with imprisonment .if your flying in a controlled airspace its illegal and you are are endangering everyone who flies in it.stop.i also think that commerical drones while having good potential need to be regulated .maybe have a signal indicator so that full scale planes can at least be warned.what ever the cure these continued reports will eventually cause the congress to tighten regulations.obviously self enforcement does not work and with no responsible accountabilty eventually people will be killed and flying remote vehicles will be seriously curtailed.and if pilots are not going to act responsibly then go after the manufacturer and force them to register a drone before selling.
I don't think you could single out quad copters That I assume you are referring to when you say drone, That being said I think the FAA could ban all RC flying unless you have a license that you would have to attend a safety class to get. The class would also
point out the restrictions and penalties associated with RC flying. I am not suggesting that the ban start tomorrow but at some future date that would be announced in advance so all RC flyers would have time to comply.