RCU Forums - View Single Post - More idiot quad copter flyers hinder California fire fighters
Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hobby changes continually, what we see now is probably nothing close to what we will see 10 years from now. The hobby has to adapt, as does the govt (both state and federal). We can adapt a heck of a lot faster than the govt can. State and local govt usually are reactive, and will set in motion sweeping changes that normally "ban" things. Federal govt takes longer..plodding along, special interests etc. I'm not convinced that when these things happen the public immediately ties them into the AMA or us. That's one of the reasons why I completely disagree with another posters suggestions that every time there is a news report about these things, the AMA should issue a press release distancing ourselves. That would be a PR disaster I think, any only further help to associate ourselves with those outlaws. The AMA has made their position known on the issue, and I suspect we do the same thing every time someone talks to us about it as well.