RCU Forums - View Single Post - More idiot quad copter flyers hinder California fire fighters
Old 08-04-2015, 05:15 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgburrill
If you only knew what a "tiny negligible percentage" when it comes to aircraft safety and human lives was to the FAA. To use your larger numbers there are around 32 milllion landings a year. A Category III instrument landing is the worst case visibility landing a pilot can make. At that many landings per year FAA approved Cat III equipment has to insure that not more than 1 failure or even distorted data that isn't caught by that equipment will occur in 32,000 years.

Apparently you don't care about other people. Apparently they do.
yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I don't care about people. Precisely!

Geez....I figured at least one person would take what I wrote out of context. The numbers were in response to a comment that this issue is "out of control", as it there's a deluge of these sightings going on. The numbers don't lie, and they aren't based on emotion. How you got that I don't care about people from actual stats is beyond me. Even one sighting is one more than should be. It's probably dumb luck that something has happened yet, and although I don't think I need to say it...but will for clarity sake, I hope nothing ever does.