RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=LA jetguy;12079783]Paul... When using a CB200 you do not need a regulator or a load balancer. Using two LiFe (6.6 V) directly into the CB200 is the best way to go. The CB200 will balance the load between the two batteries and pulls power from the highest voltage source. That is ONE of the beauties of CB200 amoung many.....

Almost all servos and other devices (retracts, valves..etc ) on current market are happy with direct LiFe or A123 voltage. You do not need any regulator when using these power sources and especially when using a CB200... And for sure you don't need a DSM10.. A DSM 10 is for when you use a regular reciever (R3...R18) to give you power redundancy... That's not needed in a CB200 environment...

If you would use a Lipo (7.4 V) with standard servos I would recommend a regulator...

Enjoy your Jeti system...

David[/QUOTE

Paul

As David indicated above I have found that the voltages on the LiFes are comparable with freshly charged NiCds. Also when you hook up your CB 200 you will see that it has about a 0.4 V drop due to the diodes or whatever it uses in the circuit to isolate the batteries. So you end up with about 6.1 to 6.3 V to the servos typicaly

Tim