RCU Forums - View Single Post - State of R/C in 2015
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, in some cases doubled the record high. most places the low for the day bested the previous high by 10 or more degrees for a week straight. we have gotten hit hard by the economy, and so have all hobby and recreation businesses..lost our best mini golf course and a large gokart/paintball facility. the checker plant closing down was the biggest hit. my grandpa retired about 4 months before the first round of layoffs. now the biggest factory employer is stryker (they make them fancy hospital beds among other things). used to have all kinds of manufacturing jobs. Gibson was founded here. they moved and closed the factory 9 years before i was born. now, there isnt much middle-middle class work. there's upper and lower middle class at Pfizer and stryker. there's minimum wage pretty much everywhere else. there's lots of money on the coast, but that's out of state and/or retirees mostly. what money there is for hobbies is mostly spent on electronics. i'm among last of a dying breed. people who would rather fabricate something instead of buy.