RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Clayton M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help guys

Ive been fiddling with this project for quite a while now. I have the Hangar 9 P51 bluenose with FG 21 gas engine. The problem is that the plane will not run properly with the cowl on. It develops air bubbles in the fuel line. When i run it with the cowl removed it runs perfectly but as soon as the cowl goes on the air bubbles show up. Ive pulled the fuel tank and put in the sink and pressurized it.......no bubbles came out. Ive moved the fuel filling line out of the cowl and into the fuse to prevent vibration of any gas induced in the line from the cowl mounted fuel dot. Ive drilled a hole behind the diaphragm hole in the carb and there is 1mm of space between the firewall and this carb. Ive basically run out of ideas on what could be causing this issue. Im wondering if its heat related and the carb is getting vapor locked which is inducing bubbles into the fuel.

Id sure appreciate any advice anyone may have on this thing........its beginning to be quite frustrating. Has anyone got this specific plane and engine running with cowl on? Id be interested in knowing your setup

Best regards.

Clayton