RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 12:56 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok any and all who are thinking of getting this aircraft better hurry, this is one of a very few pattern planes that I felt was dialed in after a few flights, dialed in for me I should say, the airplane flies and tracks straight and true ,rolls are crisp and solid, and snaps very well, I have a set of the 5100 mil power unlimited batteries and the sets that Mike sent when you buy the plane (4600mil), it flies much better with the lighter packs, I install them even with the back of the battery tray, and about a half inch past the end for the heavier packs, CG feels good there, the only thing I would like to see different is the battery tray as mentioned by kdunlap, it is fragile, but do able. I would have preferred it to be left out and installed after motor installation, maybe top rc can just send you the battery tray and you install during assembly. Other than that folks there's really not much more to say other than its a great looking and flying airplane and for anyone thinking or contemplating, giving pattern a try this is the plane for you. Trust me you wont be disappointed, kudos to TOP RC and Mike Mueller and F3A unlimited for bringing an affordable and great flying airplane to the pattern world, regards, Randy

Last edited by jetmech43; 08-12-2015 at 11:08 AM.