RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk Fiberglass Fillers, Gap Fillers and Finishing putty....
Old 08-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Let's Talk Fiberglass Fillers, Gap Fillers and Finishing putty....

So I have been browsing through a lot of builds and seeing different types of fillers, gap fillers, icing fillers. I have seen red (bondo ish?), and orange/yellow and blue out there. And so here are my questions.

After making a fiberglass repair, what brand / type of filler are you using? Then your using a "icing" type filler for the details and little things the regular filler missed?

I am trying to narrow things down to keep in my shop for a rebuild/repair on a Skymaster F-15 I acquired. I watched a guy do a build thread and he used a lot of great stuff but never mentions what types/brands....He didn't like the gaps in the canopy spacing between the fuse and canopy and he used a filler to close the gap and a razor blade to cut the new gap. Sanded and painted. My question is what would you use that will hold up and not separate and break off like I have seen bondo do occasionally?

Anyhow, many questions but I just cant seem to find names/brands. Just see different colors/types and I want to use the strongest/right stuff...

Confused....