RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite GS P-47 sports scale; diary of a build
Old 08-15-2015, 11:30 AM
jstyle13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel fitment help

Hey guys. Been following several of the P47 builds here on RCU. Was wondering if I could get some fitment advice from everyone. I remember reading several posts on this issue a year or so back, but with so many threads/posts on TF P47 builds, I have no idea where they are.

As you can see from the pics, I'm worried that the gear wont be retracted enough to fully fit within the wheel wells once they are retracted. Especially after I fabricate some wheel pants as well. I've made some test shims to get the gear mount a little higher to give the gear more travel as well as shaved down the rib with the most interference as low as I think I can go and I still can't get the gear to go as low as it seems it should. I've got the 5" wheels the manual calls for, but maybe the 4.5" wheels would be better?

Perhaps it's fine, and after I sheet/glass the lower half of the wing, it won't be an issue. But wanted to get some input before I went past the point of no return with the epoxy. Thanks in advance for the replies.

JJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p47wheel1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	2114499   Click image for larger version

Name:	p47wheels2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2114500   Click image for larger version

Name:	p47wheels3.jpg
Views:	78