RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 08-16-2015, 12:38 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ace Dude
Page 28 and unless I've missed it, the only action I've seen is "I spoke to my AVP."
Well, it's a first step right? Better than just complaining on a blog...

I believe it might have been this or another AMA Is all bad complaint thread where he said something about mobilizing the forces to do something. I might have mentioned his district VP had already voted no to funding the initial $250k, so I wasn't quite sure what was going to be accomplished by continuing to wage war. I suspect being around of bunch of likeminded people will give someone the impression that this subset of people speaks for the masses. That everyone must want the same things they do, or in this situation, don't want it. That might be the case here, and the "pulse" that is being checked isn't the one that the rest of the group has. Remember a year or so back when the AMA was pressing everyone to get their comments in to the FAA regarding the drone issues...how many people ended up responding? And of those, how many do you think were AMA members? Probably the bulk of them, but still a pretty low number given the amount of people in the AMA. And although the vote was 50/50 and the president had to break that tie vote, I would still question if those that voted to not fund did so because of personal preference, or because they really checked in with all of those in their district and gathered a consensus. Then again the same question could be asked of those voting yes.

I say enjoy what we have now, go out and fly, be safe, embrace the change and make the best of it. This is supposed to be fun right?